"Are we to stride into the Hills of Howling like great crusaders bearing banners of the Illuinati, Knight of Furyondy and the King's standard, signaling all to stand clear of the tornado this is Mirq'et and his illustrious companion Lorin the foolish," Lorid stated, trying to jolt Mirq'et from his concentration.
"Unless you know of a certain Waygate that can take us here, directly to the Soul Caverns...why do you constantly look upon Ket and that speck of sand called Malebul? If your not spending all your time looking at maps, creating magical regiments or plotting the eventual dismissal of every fiend on Oerth, your dwelling on Jallarzi too much."
Without thinking I move the weights off the map and begin to roll the ancient map to put away.
--
The common room was empty by the time I headed down stairs, all was quiet save for the occasional worker cleaning up. Lorin most likely drunk in some strange woman’s bed, perfect I thought, now is my time. With all my gear packed up I headed to the out skirts of town on foot as to not arouse anyone.
Walking to the druids circle just north of the Rufus’s and Burnes castle, I fill my lungs with the smell of the grove for the last time and get to summoning Ash. Jaroo Ashstaff and I long ago became great friends and blessed me with permission to use this holy site of the Old Faith any time I wished.
Setting the obsidian steed figurine on the grass about to speak the summoning command, I hear the soft padding of horses hooves hit the grass. Feather, Lorin’s half Pegasus, half unicorn landed softly. Not needing to turn around I said, “I asked you to stay behind Lorin, this is not for you, this is a personal matter.”
“Bah, everything we do is a personal matter, what is different now? Trying to leave me behind, you should be ashamed. No doubt we will find adventure wherever you take me. Lead on, hound of Belvor!” Bellowed Lorin.
Without another word, knowing it will do no good, I complete the summons, “Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva”, and before I could finish the stallion miniature was replaced with a black destrier of flaming mane and hooves. I mount Ash, force him to obey my command and next I realize we both are speeding to Ket high above ground.
